What happens if I've been dodging getting subpoena to testify against my boyfriend? Will he just be released?

Asked over 1 year ago - Oakland, CA

I did make a statement but I was very intoxicated at the time and don't remember what I told them and I just want him to come home I recently found out I'm pregnant. We did get In a big fight, I started most of it.

1. Christian Frederick Paul

2

Answered . If you receive a subpoena, you should obey it, show up, and testify with the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. If you don't receive a subpoena, you don't have to do anything. Whether your boyfriend will be released if you do not receive a subpoena and testify is not possible for anyone to know in advance.

You might want to consult a criminal defense attorney about this. One who knows all the facts could have a very different and much more insigtful answer to your questions.

Good luck to you.