What happens if I skip a random drug screening during my Pre-Trial period?

Richmond, VA |
Filed under: Drug related crimes

I have court in eight days and am on the lowest risk level for pre-trial but I live three hours away from where I have to do the drug test as well as have court so if I can avoid the extra trip that'd be wonderful.

Being out on bond is a privilege, not a right. If you skip it, you can be violated and lose your bond, or you can be cited for contempt of court which is a separate charge in and of itself.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
Garrett Law Group, PLC
http://www.garrettlawgroup.com
jd@garrettlawgroup.com
(757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

You could be cited, arrested, and jailed. The court is not particularly concerned about the inconvenience when it has allowed an alternative to incarceration. Recommend you show up when and where requested. Sorry for the bad news.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.