What happens if I settled a car accident and my lawyer did not pay off my medical bills?

North Las Vegas, NV |

My attorney let my statue of limitations run out on my car accident. I decided to still let him settle it. he says he did not get any compensation from the settlement but I am having doubts about this since he did not pay of any of my medical bills. What should I do?

1. You are liable for your medical bills regardless of what your lawyer did. You should talk to a legal malpractice lawyer. Ther is no excuse for a lawyer letting the statute run out on a valid claim, which I assume you had.

Any opinions stated in response to Avvo questions are based upon the facts stated in the question. Responses to Avvo questions are for general information purposes only, and should not be construed or relied upon as legal advice.

2. If you lawyer blew the statute, you'd have a legal malpractice claim, thus, search Avvo's "find a lawyer" for a malpractice lawyer in your city, and get representation. Good luck.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

3. Go see a legal malpractice lawyer. If you are in Las Vegas, call my office and I can provide you a couple of phone numbers.