What happens if I miss/fail a drug test while I'm under house arrest?

London, KY |

I'm on house arrest for 3 months, I have a county year on the shelf. If I miss/fail a drug test, will I automatically go back to jail for 12 months? Or will I have a hearing to do so. All my charges are misdemeanor.

1. A dirty urine would be a violation of your house arrest conditions and a violation of the terms of your probated/conditionally discharged sentence. If you violated the terms or conditions, you are exposed to a motion to revoke your original sentence, have a hearing before the judge, be removed from house arrest and ordered to serve the balance of the sentence in the county jail. You need the advice of a criminal defense attorney ASAP.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..