What happens if I miss/fail a drug test while I'm under house arrest?

Asked about 2 years ago - London, KY

I'm on house arrest for 3 months, I have a county year on the shelf. If I miss/fail a drug test, will I automatically go back to jail for 12 months? Or will I have a hearing to do so. All my charges are misdemeanor.

1. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . A dirty urine would be a violation of your house arrest conditions and a violation of the terms of your probated/conditionally discharged sentence. If you violated the terms or conditions, you are exposed to a motion to revoke your original sentence, have a hearing before the judge, be removed from house arrest and ordered to serve the balance of the sentence in the county jail. You need the advice of a criminal defense attorney ASAP.