What happens if i have a temp restraining order against me and I dont show up to court?

Concord, CA |

I do not want to go to the hearing ...what will happen ?

If you do not show up to the hearing, it is likely that the judge will enter a restraining order against you on the same terms and conditions as the temporary order. However, the duration of the restraining order could be up to five years, if this is a domestic violence (as opposed to a civil harassment) restraining order.

If you do not appear it is likely that the other side will get a Restraining Order After Hearing that may be granted for up to 5 years under the same terms as requested in the temporary order. Please understand that a restraining order can have very serious consequences. You cannot own nor possess a firearm. You are restrained from contacting or going near the other party. This can mean that if they show up in a public place, and you are there, you are required to leave. It can also significantly effect your ability to gain custody of your children.

I would suggest that you consult with an attorney immediately.

If this information is helpful to you, please check the thumbs up button below.

Please be aware that any comments that I have made are preliminary and tentative and not based upon a thorough analysis of your case. I would need additional information and review the exact documentation to be sure of the above advice. Please understand that the answer above does not create an attorney/client relationship between the reader and the attorney and it does not require me to answer any future questions.