What happens if i get divorced while waiting for my ten year resident green card?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Allentown, PA

i have been married for two years and nine months, i have my temporary green card and i have already took my fingerprints for my ten year resident green card. i have a 8 monthbaby with her. and she is acusing me of adultry.

1. Stephen D. Berman

6

Answered . You can divorce and file based on good faith marriage ending in divorce.

2. Christian Schmidt

6

Answered . If you filed the I-751 jointly but separate while the petition is pending, you cannot pursue the joint petition and must obtain a final divorce for a waiver of the joint filing requirement.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

5

Answered . Talk to a lawyer ... if you filed a joint I-751 ... she could make problems.