What happens if i get divorced while waiting for my ten year resident green card?

Allentown, PA |

i have been married for two years and nine months, i have my temporary green card and i have already took my fingerprints for my ten year resident green card. i have a 8 monthbaby with her. and she is acusing me of adultry.

You can divorce and file based on good faith marriage ending in divorce.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Do i have to file again after i get divorced or just wait for my ten year residency?

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

You can send the divorce judgment and request the change the category of your I-751. Get a lawyer.

Talk to a lawyer ... if you filed a joint I-751 ... she could make problems.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

If you filed the I-751 jointly but separate while the petition is pending, you cannot pursue the joint petition and must obtain a final divorce for a waiver of the joint filing requirement.