What happens if I faxed in my Community Service form in 30 minutes after the deadline?

Asked about 1 year ago - Columbia, SC

I participated in the Alcohol Education Program of Richland County. I did everything required of me (attended classes, impact panels, etc.). We also had to do Community Service too and turn in a form by 5:00 PM today. Unfortunately with being on rotation for school and moving it slipped my mind until I realized at about 5:15 today and rushed to Staples to fax it in which occurred at 5:26 before calling and leaving a message for my case worker at 5:30 asking for her to call me. What are the chances of repercussions coming on to me? I would hate to have to go through the entire program just to fail like that.

1. Justin Michael Lovely

Answered . Call your case worker and let her know what happened. Hopefully she will make an exception. If not, hire an attorney to fight the charge when it is referred back. Good Luck!

2. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

Answered . This is not a question anyone can answer. This will likely be a judgment call on the part of the program administrator. That said, since you did what you were supposed to do, it is unlikely that you will be treated so harshly and technically.