What happens if I faxed in my Community Service form in 30 minutes after the deadline?

Columbia, SC |

I participated in the Alcohol Education Program of Richland County. I did everything required of me (attended classes, impact panels, etc.). We also had to do Community Service too and turn in a form by 5:00 PM today. Unfortunately with being on rotation for school and moving it slipped my mind until I realized at about 5:15 today and rushed to Staples to fax it in which occurred at 5:26 before calling and leaving a message for my case worker at 5:30 asking for her to call me. What are the chances of repercussions coming on to me? I would hate to have to go through the entire program just to fail like that.

1. This is not a question anyone can answer. This will likely be a judgment call on the part of the program administrator. That said, since you did what you were supposed to do, it is unlikely that you will be treated so harshly and technically.

2. Call your case worker and let her know what happened. Hopefully she will make an exception. If not, hire an attorney to fight the charge when it is referred back. Good Luck!

The information in this website is provided as a general legal reference . The reader is advised to check for changes to current law and to consult with a qualified attorney on any legal issue. The use of this material does not create an attorney-client relationship with the Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys. When transmitting information over this website, you understand and agree that Lovely Law Firm will have no duty to keep confidential the information. Because the information posted on this website is prepared for a general audience, without investigation into the facts of each particular case, it is not legal advice: neither Lovely Law Firm or any of its attorneys has an attorney-client relationship with you. The thoughts and commentary about the law contained on this site is provided as a service to the community, and does not constitute solicitation or provision of legal advice. While we endeavor to provide accurate information at this website, we cannot guarantee that the information provided here (or linked to from this site) is accurate, complete, or adequate. We provide this general legal information on an ‘as-is’ basis. We make no warranties and disclaim liability for damages resulting from its use. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, so nothing provided at this site, should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. Finally, using this website or sending email to the host does not create an attorney-client relationship. The material in this website may be considered advertising under applicable rules. If you need to speak to an attorney about your specific legal issue please call the Lovely Law Firm at 843-839-4111 http://www.justiceislovely.com