What happens if i fail my first drug test in a CRO program in Alabama?

Grove Hill, AL |

Pled guilty to 2nd degree possession of marijuana charge in alabama as a youthful offender. Part of the sentence was completing a CRO program. I do not really know what that is but am assuming drug testing. I have quit smoking but it takes at least thirty days for marijuana to get out of your system. What will happen if I test dirty on my first test?

Up to your probation officer.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

Get to some meetings and get your paper signed. I think it's best to be straight with them that you should be hot from a past usage. Typically, if you're honest with them and you're making a good faith effort to comply, they will work with you. Be aware that they can notify the DA, who can file a motion to revoke your suspended sentence. Consult your attorney if you had one.

No representation is made that the legal services provided are great than legal services provided by other lawyers. This answer does NOT create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to further inquiries.

If you fail your initial drug screen going into the program, meaning that substances were present prior to being placed on probation, then in most cases, you will not be reported delinquent. The probation officer will order you to report back in 7 to 10 days for a second initial screening. If, however, you fail a drug screen after entering the program, you will be reported as delinquent and subject to probation revocation or re-sentencing by the court.

Generally if you are honest about your usage you will be given a clean date . Most cro programs understand that it takes a while to get the drugs out of your system. Be honest and it will usually work out.

No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be provides is greater than the quality of legal services to be provided by other attorneys. Any answers we give are based on what you might expect not any sort of guarantee. By answering a question we are not creating an attorney client relationship. All inquires are confidential