What happens if I fail my 1st UA (positive for alcohol EtG) and I'm on pretrial diversion for DWI?

San Angelo, TX |

I have completed all the other requirements for my pretrial diversion (community service, DWI class, VIP class, and P.O. fees). Arrested in July. Pretrial given in September. One year of non-probation reporting.

1. I'm not familiar with the specifics of San Angelo, but a violation of the terms of pre-trial diversion can result in you being kicked out of the program and landing back in court. If you are kicked out, the court process starts all over again.

No attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. The information provided by the this attorney on this website is not legal advice and visitors are encouraged to consult with an attorney before making any decisions regarding their legal issue.

2. Your pretrial diversion could be terminated. You need to speak with a lawyer sooner rather than later and try to work something out with the prosecutors.

My answers are only intended as general legal advice based on my eighteen years as an Austin criminal defense and DUI attorney. They are not intended to be a binding legal opinion nor to create an attorney - client relationship. For those questions asked outside of Texas, there is no intent on my part to practice law in any other state There is no substitute for contacting a local attorney. Feel free to visit my website, www.austincriminaldenseattorney.com .

3. I agree with the previous responses. Pretrial diversion is a gift so when you violate there is little leniency.

Contact your attorney immediately to figure out what can be done.

DUI topics