What Happens if I fail a drug test on PTI in Florida?

Asked about 1 year ago - 34655

I am on PTI for possesion of a trace amount ofcocaine in Pinellas County Florida and failed a drug test for cocaine 6 months into the program. I have never failed a test prior to this. I was honest with my PTI officer about the fact that I would test dirty. I had already discussed with her last month about my desire to attend drug treatment and have a date of entry of January 4, 2014 at a Drug Treatment Center in North Carolina.

1. Majid Vasigh

Pro

7

Answered . You'll most likely be booted out of the PTI program and forced to litigate the charge on the merits through your attorney. It's a long shot, but your attorney may explore the possibility of getting approval to allow you back into PTI.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Your current case gets much more complicated and the violation reverts the original criminal case back to court. Discuss with your attorney of record without any delay.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

1

Answered . You will be arrested and held in jail until the judge can see you. If you have counsel, inform counsel and follow the advice given. It will be up to the judge and the prosecutor as to what might happen or even be offered.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,
  4. Justin Bradley Weisberg

1

Answered . Usually they will kick you out of PTI but you or your lawyer might be able to convince them to let you back in if your successful with treatment.