What happens if i don't pay mays for loss prevention

Chandler, AZ |
Filed under: Shoplifting

I was leaving macys and had forgot that i had socks in my hand my hand is disable unable to feel . Was arrested . given notice to appear 33 . 00 Now I'm getting calls from loss preventions asking for 488 . 00 I'm on diabilty can't afford to pay . What will happen

Tell loss prevention that you have hired an attorney or were appointed an attorney because of the criminal case and that you can not discuss the case with them. Also let them know that you are not able to enter into any agreements prior to the resolution of the criminal case.

Adam Feldman
The Feldman Law Firm, PLLC
1 E. Washington Street, Suite 500
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
(602) 540-7887

They could sue and get 3xs the damages, plus attorney fees but that really does not matter if there is no way to collect on it. Before any of that happens, you need to fight the criminal side of it. Your statement says you did not have criminal intent. If you are able to beat the charge use the same defense in the civil matter. So the advice is to get an attorney. If the Chandler prosecutor is seeking jail time you will qualify for a court appointed attorney. If not you should talk with some lawyers and see what they charge to represent you.