What happens if I don't go to the Foreclosure Settlement Conference?

Hawthorne, NY |
Filed under: Foreclosure

My attorney said that if I don't want to keep my appartment and the bank already knows this, that I don't have to attend the Foreclosure Settlement Conference. If I don't attend will it speed up the process? and do I have to let the court know that I won't be attending? The letter said to confirm a week before the date.

You should listen to your attorney and have her answer any questions.

I may be guessing or not licensed in your state. No atty/client relationship exists.

Thank you Mr Weinman! I just wanted to make sure that the foreclosure process won't be delayed by me not showing up.

If you don't attend the conference it will undoubtedly speed up the process.

For informational purposes only. No attorney/client relationship exists.

Thank you Mr Brown! Do I have to let the court know that I won't be attending or just don't show up? We have many times told the bank attorney that we don't want to keep the apartment.

Robert E. Brown

Robert E. Brown

You can let the court know. You should make sure that you negotiate a waiver of any deficiency from the bank and you may even be able to negotiate cash for keys.

Recommended articles about Real estate