What happens if i broke the rules of supervised visitation with my 16 year old daughter?

Fremont, OH |

I gave her a tracfone at one of our video taped meetings that we have each week for an hour. I miss her so much, and everytime i see her she cries because she wants to come home and her dad just recently told her that he is going to allow her step mom to start hitting her like she does her own children. I only want to help her. She is scared and she wants to come home. Her other 3 sisters live with their uncle which is my brother, but yet they don't let her visit her sisters that live with their uncle. I need help!!

1. To answer your question, if you violate a court order regarding visitation, you may be held in contempt. Based on the additional information you provided, it sounds like you need to consult an attorney to review the specifics of your situation. There is supervised visitation for a reason, so addressing that would need to be your first step.

Legal disclaimer: The response does not form an attorney-client relationship. Further, the response is not intended to create nor does it create a duty to answer additional questions. The response should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response may change. Attorney Sams is licensed to practice law only in the State of Ohio. All responses are based solely on Ohio law unless stated otherwise.

2. I agree with Craig, there must have been a reason for the order of supervised visitation. Don't violate the order. When you do, you can be held in contempt and penalized. Get an attorney to help you lift the supervision if appropriate.

Responses provided are not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response is the educated opinion of the author and nothing should be construed as forming an attorney-client relationship. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response is based upon the limited facts and if additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Ohio. Responses are based solely on Ohio law unless stated otherwise.