What happens if i broke the rules of supervised visitation with my 16 year old daughter?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fremont, OH

I gave her a tracfone at one of our video taped meetings that we have each week for an hour. I miss her so much, and everytime i see her she cries because she wants to come home and her dad just recently told her that he is going to allow her step mom to start hitting her like she does her own children. I only want to help her. She is scared and she wants to come home. Her other 3 sisters live with their uncle which is my brother, but yet they don't let her visit her sisters that live with their uncle. I need help!!

1. Craig M. Sams

1

Answered . To answer your question, if you violate a court order regarding visitation, you may be held in contempt. Based on the additional information you provided, it sounds like you need to consult an attorney to review the specifics of your situation. There is supervised visitation for a reason, so addressing that would need to be your first step.

2. Tonya Shur VanBenschoten

Answered . I agree with Craig, there must have been a reason for the order of supervised visitation. Don't violate the order. When you do, you can be held in contempt and penalized. Get an attorney to help you lift the supervision if appropriate.