What happens if I am being forced to pay for a crash I did not have any fault to?

I got into a car crash were Igot hit and pretty much wasn't my fault, and now I am forced to pay by the other persons attorney, I received a letter saying I had to pay $4374.54 so I called and they said they will mail me a letter saying were could I pay nd I haven't yet received 1 letter ever since. What do I do? Will I get more in trouble? I contacted them nd left them a voicemail which I shouldn't have to cause I wasn't responsible, but thinking I would get more in trouble I did nd they haven't returned my call or still haven't send me anything, is it still my responsability to keep contacting them?

South Gate, CA -

Fernando Davin Vargas

Fernando Davin Vargas

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Rancho Cucamonga, CA

If you had insurance at the time of the collision, report the matter to your insurance company. If not, you may need to consult with an attorney about whether you are, in fact, liable; and if so, whether you truly owe the amount claimed. Best of luck!

Sagar P. Parikh

Sagar P. Parikh

Business Attorney - Beverly Hills, CA

Do you have insurance?

Sharon Paris Babakhan

Sharon Paris Babakhan

Criminal Defense Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Report it to your insurance and do not accept fault or any statements from them. If you can afford to hire a lawyer do so because a lawyer will keep them away from you and will shift the fault. Also, get a copy of the police report. Do you have photographs?

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Turn it over to your insurance company to resolve.

Michael R Crosner

Michael R Crosner

Personal Injury Lawyer - Northridge, CA

You do not have to keep contacting them - let your insurance company do it for you or retain an attorney to assist you. Do not admit fault or give any statements except to your insurance company or your attorney.

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Manuel Alzamora Juarez

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Berkeley, CA

Do not respond to these letters. Call your insurance company to defend you. If you do not have insurance then you need to come to an agreement but let a lawyer handle iut for you. Best of luck.

Avedis Nalbandian

Avedis Nalbandian

Lawyer - Glendale, CA

Call a personal injury attorney. You'll get a free consultation and you would know exactly what you need to do. Good luck !!