What happens if an attorney makes a mistake with calculating dates, and sends me incorrect information?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

He signed "I declare under penalty of perjury that this information and ever attached schedule, form and document is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief."

It was a date calculation between now 1+ year ago. He shortened the time frame, which helps his case, and filed it with the clerk. The clerk mailed it to me via first class mail.

There is supporting evidence (which he sent) the contract execution date.

I am the defendant.

1. Michael Charles Doland

8

Answered . It's hard to tell whether the attorney represents a plaintiff or is the plaintiff.
    In either event, you can bring the error to attention of the court, assuming you move in a timely manner.

2. John M. Kaman

Pro

6

Answered . Since I don't know the substance of the dispute it's hard to advise you. However there's often information that is slightly off or even wrong in such declarations. I think it far better to prove him wrong than to waste time trying to convince a DA to prosecute him for perjury.

3. Kevin Samuel Sullivan

Pro

4

Answered . review your situation with a lawyer.