What happens if a respondant doesnt show up to a restraining order hearing

Asked over 4 years ago - Chatsworth, CA

my ex has a hearing for a warrant on a grand theft auto case on the same day as the restraining order hearing

1. Gabriel Eric Dorman

Answered . Any of the following can happen depending on what is presented to the court (and this is in no way an exhaustive list):

- The court can grant you the restraining order.
    - The court can deny you the restraining order.
    - The court can continue the hearing in order to allow your wife an opportunity to be heard.

Note: The court will also inquire as to whether your wife was properly served and notified regarding the hearing.

I hope this was helpful.

2. Robin Mashal

Answered . Disclaimer: The materials provided below are informational and should not be relied upon as legal advice.

Mr. Dorman has provide a list of possibilities for you. If respondent does not show up and the court wishes to go forward with the hearing, you still have the burdent to prove to the court there is reasonable likelihood of future harm to you. You should consult your own attorney to protect your legal rights.