Skip to main content

What happens if a person is convicted of vandalism, making a criminal threat, and violating a criminal protective order?

Camarillo, CA |

My ex is going to trial in Los Angeles county for misdemeanor vandalism, misdemeanor making a criminal threat, and after harrassing me after a civil hearing, violating the criminal protective order imposed by the judge at her arraignment. If she's found guilty of all three counts, how likely is it that she'll serve jail time? Additionally, there is video evidence of each act, which will be used in court.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. There is now way to be sure whether your ex would get probation or incarceration. There are many factors provided by guidelines and that courts have discretion to consider. You can, of course, hire counsel to represent your interests to try to get the DA to agree with your position here as to what your ex ought to receive.

    The information provided herein does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is to suggerst some general principles and should not be relied upon for client decisions. Only upon the hiring of counsel can such advice be custom-tailored to the client's specific situation and needs.

  2. It will be determine by the judge after the trial. This question should be addressed to her attorney.
    (800) 409-7010

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

  3. I can offer that the criminal threats as a felony is a strike and carries a 3 year maximum. The actual sentence depends on many factors. If you are a witness you probably want to talk to the prosecutor about this.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics