What happens if a 14 year old girl gets pregnant by a 23 year old guy? What would be the consequences? How many years in jail?

Asked over 1 year ago - Southampton, NY

Hes 23 and she is 14 if she gets pregnant. Can he instead of going to jail take care of the baby or does he have to go to jail? If he volunteers to do everything for his daughter or son can nothing happen to him?

Wait he is actually 26 what would happen?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . He likely gets jail plus child support payments.

2. Brian M. Doyle

1

Answered . In New York State, the age of consent is 17. He is legally obligated to provide support for his children, so volunteering support is probably not the most convincing deal to avoid potential jail time.

3. Marco Caviglia

1

Answered . see virtual duplicate post and answers