What happens if a 14 year old girl gets pregnant by a 23 year old guy? What would be the consequences? How many years in jail?

Southampton, NY |

Hes 23 and she is 14 if she gets pregnant. Can he instead of going to jail take care of the baby or does he have to go to jail? If he volunteers to do everything for his daughter or son can nothing happen to him?

Wait he is actually 26 what would happen?

He likely gets jail plus child support payments.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

In New York State, the age of consent is 17. He is legally obligated to provide support for his children, so volunteering support is probably not the most convincing deal to avoid potential jail time.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is created or is intended to be created hereby. I can be reach at 917-281-0674, or by email at doylebm@gmail.com, if you wish to discuss actual representation.

see virtual duplicate post and answers

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Violent crime topics