What happens if you get arrested while a case is pending? you can't make bond, how long do you go to jail? what are best opt?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bellingham, MA

one was an arrest for brother calling cops and one was a dui

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Patrick T. Donovan

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you are arrested for a new crime while your case is pending your previous bail can be revoked and you can be held with bail for up to sixty days without bail. If your bail is not revoked, and it is just the case of not being able to post bail you can appeal your bail to Superior. There they can either raise it, lower it, or keep it the same. If you are held on bail it will count for time but only on the case where you can't make the bail .

  2. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Depends on your terms of release, in part.

    henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more
One or more answers have been taken down.

Related Topics

DUI: An overview

The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Dealing with a DUI arrest

A DUI arrest must be based on probable cause: the officer must have enough evidence to arrest, as determined by a combination of factors.

William C. Head

The Most Common Types of DUI-DWI

Police officers utilize two primary ways to charge you with “drunk” driving. These are “impaired driving” and “driving with an unlawful blood alcohol level” or “per se” DUI-DWI. These two... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,534 answers this week

3,089 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,534 answers this week

3,089 attorneys answering