What happens for being pulled over for fictious license plates?

Denver, CO |

I was pulled for having ficticious license plates. The sticker w/ the month was upside sown also, no proof of insurance. I wasn"t arrested but was issued a court date. What happens when I appear in court?

1. Show that you had valid plates and registration and that the stickers were accidently affixed upside down. Take a picture. If you had valid plates that charge will be dismissed. The no proof of insurance you must have valid insurance as of the date and time of the stop. If you have valid insurance show it to the court and the prosecution. It will be dismissed. If you did not have valid insurance then get insurance immediately and the fine will be reduced by half. If you lack confidence hire a lawyer and he or she be able to help you.
    Best or luck

2. Fictitious Plates is a Class 2 Misdemeanor Traffic Offense and carries up to a maximum of 90 days in jail and or up to a $300 fine. It is a zero point ticket and considered a non-moving violation on your insurance.

Notice: The information contained herein is intended as general legal information and does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not governed by confidentiality rules. This general legal information is not a substitute for seeking the direct advice of legal counsel.