What happens at an order to show cause hearing to vacate judgment/traverse hearing? I have a hearing coming up

Jamaica, NY |

Hello I filed an order to show cause to vacate an old judgment in civil court . Filed the RJI , order to show cause and affidavit to prove that i was not actually served as i lived at a different address ( nail and mail at my old residence ) Now the Court scheduled a hearing . What will happen at this hearing ? Do I need to submit any additional paperwork before the hearing ( like a proposed order or something ? ) Can the Judge dismiss the case against me at this hearing or will he order a traverse hearing for a different date ? Do I need to bring my witnesses to this first hearing ? I would appreciate any advice !

A hearing is when witnesses are called, examined and cross examined. Be ready for the hearing to go forward. If you can retain an attorney. It is not easy doing a trial or hearing pro se. There are rules and strategy to consider. Good luck.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Be ready with all evidence and witnesses. Good luck.

The author of this posting is a lawyer licensed to practice law in the State of New York. He specializes in litigation matters relating to personal injury, construction accidents, auto accidents, slip and fall, dog bite, contract litigation, property litigation, civil rights, ERISA, and Social Security matters in federal, state and local courts, with a focus on courts in Staten Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. This posting is intended as general information only, is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship.