What happens at an order to show cause hearing to vacate judgment/traverse hearing? I have a hearing coming up

Asked about 1 year ago - Jamaica, NY

Hello I filed an order to show cause to vacate an old judgment in civil court . Filed the RJI , order to show cause and affidavit to prove that i was not actually served as i lived at a different address ( nail and mail at my old residence ) Now the Court scheduled a hearing . What will happen at this hearing ? Do I need to submit any additional paperwork before the hearing ( like a proposed order or something ? ) Can the Judge dismiss the case against me at this hearing or will he order a traverse hearing for a different date ? Do I need to bring my witnesses to this first hearing ? I would appreciate any advice !

1. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

Answered . A hearing is when witnesses are called, examined and cross examined. Be ready for the hearing to go forward. If you can retain an attorney. It is not easy doing a trial or hearing pro se. There are rules and strategy to consider. Good luck.

2. Gaetano Parrinello

Answered . Be ready with all evidence and witnesses. Good luck.