What happens at a preliminary hearing?

Quarryville, PA |
Filed under: Criminal charges

My husband and I had a fight on the 13th (I posted this issue on here before) where he made a 'threat' ("I wish I could stab you and watch you bleed") and I *accidentally* nicked his leg with a knife and. I was charged w/ Simple Assault, M3. He was charged w/ Terroristic Threats, M1 (or M2, can't remember). He has been arrested before 2 yrs ago for assault on a woman (me). Charges were dropped. I have never been arrested before. We both have lawyers, but I never though to really ask what will happen during the preliminary trial? Husband and I want this to be over with as much as it can be so we will not testify against each other. He is doing anger management courses. I know there are issues to work out but for now I just would like to know what will, in your opinion, happen during prelim

Because you have counsel, this is something that you should ask your lawyer, best of luck.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

I won't, and I suspect other counsel won't, answer your question. No offense is intended, but you both have counsel who should be your sole sources of information and advice about your respective cases. That no detailed description of what would happen at the preliminary hearing is a bit stunning to me. Ask. If either of you are not satisfied with the representation you are receiving, it is entirely your right to choose alternate counsel. Good luck.

It is not too late to ask your attorney

This is the third question you have asked about this. If you have counsel, consult him. If you do not, retain counsel immediately. You do not stand to gain anything by continuing to ask questions on the internet when the one thing you need to be doing is working with a local criminal defense attorney.

This answer does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.