Skip to main content

What Happens after the USCIS sends your Approve I-130 to the NVC?

Homestead, FL |

I am an U.S. Citizen, I am currently living in the u.s. I filed the I-130 petition for my Husband, He is not a u.s. citizen he currently in another country at the time. The case has been approved. They sent me an approval letter which is the I-797. They are now sending my file to the NVC. Whats is the next step in this process? Please help me on this, Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Waiting for about 8 months. Instruction letter from NVC and you complying with it.then interview at a consulate.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Hello Ma'am. Next, you will be receiving instructions from the NVC for paying the fee bill and then for preparing and filing the Immigrant Visa application by your husband plus much supporting documentation. Then once you have satisfied the instructions, an intervivew will be scheduled for your hsuband. This is a document intensive multi-step process. In order to avoid unnecessary delays, I recomment hiring an experienced immigration attorney.


You should be getting NVC instruction package soon

Madhu Kalra Kalra Law Firm 23720 Arlington Avenue, Ste 5 Torrance, Ca 90501 (310) 325-9012


Hello. You will receive further detailed instructions. There will be a wait time. Having attorney help would be beneficial. Some attorneys, myself included, are available seven days for emergency and exigent legal needs. Some attorneys, myself included, will confer for free, at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq., Immigration Law, Rule 14 Qualified Neutral, Minnesota Supreme Court Roster Mediator, Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC, Phone: 612.296-9666 EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR until 8 p.m. daily. See


If your husband is not in the U.S. and USCIS has transferred the case to the NVC, then you should be getting a letter from the NVC wherein they will give you instructions on payment of the Immigrant Visa $230 and Affidavit of Support $88. You will also need to submit DS Electronic forms via internet for the completion of the process at the appropriate US Consulate in the country where your husband resides. Once NVC has received all the documents and applications, the case is transferred for the U.S. Consulate and your husband is scheduled for an interview. Please note that as of February of this year, USCIS is also charging a $165 fee for processing the residency card after the US Consulate approves the Immigrant Visa (Green card). Regards, Idalis Perez


The National Visa Center (NVC) wil be contacting you soon. If 30 days go by without getting something from them, I suggest you call them at the number given in the I-130 approval notice.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer