What happens after the two years after the deferred action status has expired? Are you automatically going to go thru proceeding

Bronx, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

Been here since I was 5 and now I'm 29 years old.

Sadly, we have no idea what will happen after the two years of DACA is complete, simply because no person has reached the end of the period yet! President Obama has indicated there will be some sort of renewal process, but none has been yet announced. The government has indicated we should hear about this sometime in early 2014. If you used an attorney to file for DACA, keep in touch with that person during early 2014.

William Quirk, Esq. Meehan & Quirk, LLC 354 State Street, Hackensack, New Jersey (201)968-0800 The answers to questions provided by Mr. Quirk are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. This information is for informational purposes only and does not form any relationship between the individual asking the question and the attorney. You should investigate and consider all possible outcomes with a skilled individual before making a final decision.

As of now, you would renew with some sort of application.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |

I assume you are referring to Deffered Action for Chilhood Arrivals,
commonly known as DACA.

USCIS will be coming out with procedures for renewing in the future. Make sure you keep them updated on your address, that way you'll be sure to get any notifications from them.

If you change address, you'll have to file an AR-11, which can be done online at Also, check the website periodically for updated information on DACA renewals.

Good luck!

FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION AVAILABLE. Phone (646) 663-5902. Offices in Queens and Manhattan. Website located at Our responses on this site do not create an attorney-client relationship. Our responses on this website are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Immigration and nationality law is a complex area of law which requires careful review of a person's particular circumstances. Do not rely on any answers provided on this site to make a decision on your case. For proper legal advice, you may contact us for a free initial consultation.

You can renew DACA in 2 years, and it is renewable every 2 years.

Recommended articles about Immigration