What happens after probation has passed?

New York, NY |

After probation has passed and the deal is to have a clean record. Will your record be completely clean or if you happen to get into trouble again it can be brought up?

Once probation passes, it terminates and you are no longer subject to it's terms and conditions.
However, it does not clear your record and in the event of a subsequent offense, your first offense will come up as a prior.

It can be brought up again to show your criminal history.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

If you are on probation that means you were convicted of a crime and that never seals in NY and NY does not expunge. Many people confues other things such as an ACD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal), which results id dismissal, with probation but it is not.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.