What happens after probation has passed?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

After probation has passed and the deal is to have a clean record. Will your record be completely clean or if you happen to get into trouble again it can be brought up?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . If you are on probation that means you were convicted of a crime and that never seals in NY and NY does not expunge. Many people confues other things such as an ACD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal), which results id dismissal, with probation but it is not.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

Answered . It can be brought up again to show your criminal history.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Douglas Holbrook

Answered . Once probation passes, it terminates and you are no longer subject to it's terms and conditions.
    However, it does not clear your record and in the event of a subsequent offense, your first offense will come up as a prior.