What happens after probable cause has been found in the 48 hour probable cause hearing?

Asked 7 months ago - Las Vegas, NV

Someone I know was arrested on 02/19/2014 without a warrant. His 48 hour probable cause hearing was today and probable cause was found, he can't afford bail and he is now being held for a 72 hour hearing. Basically what I am wondering is what is going on now and what will happen after this?

1. David R. Fischer

Pro

Answered . 72-hr hearing is the date the District Attorney must have filed formal criminal charges, if not, your friend will be released from custody. If a complaint has been filed, your friend is entitled to bail.

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . The other attorney is quite correct, now it is just wait and see or he can hire an attorney and see if the attorney can work out a better disposition-- but that depends on the nature of the crime.