What happens after probable cause has been found in the 48 hour probable cause hearing?

Las Vegas, NV |

Someone I know was arrested on 02/19/2014 without a warrant. His 48 hour probable cause hearing was today and probable cause was found, he can't afford bail and he is now being held for a 72 hour hearing. Basically what I am wondering is what is going on now and what will happen after this?

72-hr hearing is the date the District Attorney must have filed formal criminal charges, if not, your friend will be released from custody. If a complaint has been filed, your friend is entitled to bail.

Disclaimer: The answer provided herein is for general information only. Nothing herein should be considered legal advice or should be understood to create an attorney-client relationship. One should direct specific questions regarding one’s particular situation to an attorney who is knowledgeable in the applicable Nevada law. Opinions reflected herein are solely the opinions of the author, and no other person, entity or organization is responsible for this website’s content.

The other attorney is quite correct, now it is just wait and see or he can hire an attorney and see if the attorney can work out a better disposition-- but that depends on the nature of the crime.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights