What happens after I rescind my signature on a CPS safety plan?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Mayville, NY

My children were taken from their home based on a safety plan I was coerced into signing under the color of law. I've already written up an affidavit which explains what really happened and rescinds all signatures I've given them. Nothing has been done in court yet and I still have custody of them just not physical placement (supervised visitation). I'm delivering them to multiple people via certified mail with receipt. Does this mean I can go get my children once I submit them at the postal office?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Mary Katherine Brown


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . No, mailing an Affidavit will not undo what's been done, and you cannot simply go retrieve your children once they have been removed by CPS. I agree with Attorney Siepmann that you should get a really good attorney immediately and you should NOT act on your own in this case. Someone else has your children, and you should not expect that asserting your rights will get them back to you anytime soon. You can find contact information here on Avvo for an attorney who can help you. Good luck!

    I hope you found this answer helpful and if so, please let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

    Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: marykatherinebrown@... more
  2. Paul Karl Siepmann


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You need to get an attorney ASAP.

    I am not your attorney and any posts/messages or responses to posts/messages can not establish an attorney-client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,772 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,772 answers this week

3,032 attorneys answering