What happens after I-751 Biometrics?

Seattle, WA |

We recently filed my I-751, i have received the one year extension, given my biometrics. What happens next? Is this the time to wait and wait some more or can I call USCIS for a biometrics update? Is there some phone number one can call to check if the biometrics process has been completed? My online status has been under initial review since we filed.Here is my timeline:

I-751 submitted: last week of January, 2013
Received extension: 2nd week of feb, 2013
Biometrics done : Feb 28, 2013
GC expires: last week of April, 2013
Filed at : California Service Center

Thank You!

There is no need to make any type of inquires after having had your biometrics taken. Even if you do, it'll get you nowhere. You need to be patient and wait for a decision on your case. Sometimes takes more than 6 months. Given that you filed jointly, your case will most likely be approved. In the meantime, the case filing receipt extended your green card by one more year, with travel and employment being authorized.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

What happens is not very much. In another 6-12 months, CIS will look at your case, and will either approve it, or you will receive a notice that more information is needed or that you and your spouse should appear for an interview. CIS is slow in processing I-751 petitions. Be patient.

This is general advice, and does not constitute an attorney client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues. Just be patient. Calling to inquire will not help because they will simply tell you that it is still within the normal processing time. Sit tight and wait to receive either your approval or a request for additional evidence. Best of luck!

They extend your status for a year because it takes months to process--months after the biometrics. Nothing will happen nearly that fast!

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.