What happens after I-751 Biometrics?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

We recently filed my I-751, i have received the one year extension, given my biometrics. What happens next? Is this the time to wait and wait some more or can I call USCIS for a biometrics update? Is there some phone number one can call to check if the biometrics process has been completed? My online status has been under initial review since we filed.Here is my timeline:

I-751 submitted: last week of January, 2013
Received extension: 2nd week of feb, 2013
Biometrics done : Feb 28, 2013
GC expires: last week of April, 2013
Filed at : California Service Center

Thank You!

1. 1

1

Answered . What happens is not very much. In another 6-12 months, CIS will look at your case, and will either approve it, or you will receive a notice that more information is needed or that you and your spouse should appear for an interview. CIS is slow in processing I-751 petitions. Be patient.

This is general advice, and does not constitute an attorney client relationship.
  2. 2

2

Answered . There is no need to make any type of inquires after having had your biometrics taken. Even if you do, it'll get you nowhere. You need to be patient and wait for a decision on your case. Sometimes takes more than 6 months. Given that you filed jointly, your case will most likely be approved. In the meantime, the case filing receipt extended your green card by one more year, with travel and employment being authorized.

3. Answered . They extend your status for a year because it takes months to process--months after the biometrics. Nothing will happen nearly that fast!

4. Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Just be patient. Calling to inquire will not help because they will simply tell you that it is still within the normal processing time. Sit tight and wait to receive either your approval or a request for additional evidence. Best of luck!