What happens after Asylum interview?

Asked over 2 years ago - Manhattan, KS

In the correspondence that I had with the asylum office a 3 months after the interview, I was informed that my case is being processed and is under review. After 4 weeks I have not received any decision on my case yet. My question is that how long usually the process last? Also is it possible that a case under process be set aside indefinitely before any decision or once it is started a decision would be made?

1. Adriana Delpilar Rouselle

5

Best Answer

Answered . It is impossible to predict the time that you would have to wait for a decision.

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

5

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Asylum cases are complex and the USCIS has to review a lot of things in your case. I strongly suggest that you seek the help of an experienced immigration attorney.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

Answered . Possible scenarios are the following:
    1. Your asylum is granted,
    2. Your asylum is denied and referred to the respective immigration court for the de novo review,
    3. You are notified of the Intent to Deny asking for a Rebuttal within ten days.
    For a more accurate assessment of your case please seek clarification from the attorney of record who handles your case.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . This is a duplicate question.