What happens after Asylum interview?

Manhattan, KS |

In the correspondence that I had with the asylum office a 3 months after the interview, I was informed that my case is being processed and is under review. After 4 weeks I have not received any decision on my case yet. My question is that how long usually the process last? Also is it possible that a case under process be set aside indefinitely before any decision or once it is started a decision would be made?

It is impossible to predict the time that you would have to wait for a decision.

2. I agree with my colleague. Asylum cases are complex and the USCIS has to review a lot of things in your case. I strongly suggest that you seek the help of an experienced immigration attorney.

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

3. Possible scenarios are the following:
    1. Your asylum is granted,
    2. Your asylum is denied and referred to the respective immigration court for the de novo review,
    3. You are notified of the Intent to Deny asking for a Rebuttal within ten days.
    For a more accurate assessment of your case please seek clarification from the attorney of record who handles your case.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

4. This is a duplicate question.

www.capriotti.com -- franco@capriotti.com -- Senior Legal Counsel -- Capriotti International Law -- Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association www.aila.org for a referral to an experienced immigration attorney.