What happens after a NOID is issued for a change of status?

Asked about 2 years ago - Detroit, MI

Does USCIS comes to home?

1. Heather Louise Garvock

Pro

1

Answered . Rarely. In the Detroit area, it is common for ice officers to come to your home if you have criminal convictions that make you removable or you have an outstanding removal order or something else serious. Typically they do not come to people's houses after a routine application denial. A NOID is intended to give you an opportunity to respond to their concerns before it comes to that. Talk to an attorney to find out the best course of action in your particular case.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

Answered . No. USCIS does not usually bother to come after "small" fish, i.e. a single individual, unless prior criminal conviction or (severe) fraud suspicion or a "pattern" of either criminal activity. Thus, if none of the above apply to your set of facts, I wouldn't worry.

You are given 33 days during which to respond to a NOID and cure your COS application's "defect".
    I strongly recommend you hire an attorney to analyze the facts and help you do this, unless, of course, you want your case to be denied for failure to respond.

3. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

1

Answered . It is possible , depends on the facts of your case

www.immigrate2usa.com

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . No