What happens to car title loans after death of owner?

Houston, TX |

My aunt recently died and she had a loan against her title of her car with Lonstar Title Loan located in Houston Texas do we have pay off the loan still to get the title back since she has passed away.

1. Yes, the debt does not usually get paid upon the death of the debtor. However, in some cases, she might have purchased insurance to pay the debt in case of her passing. You should ask for all of the documentation from the original transaction and have a lawyer review it. I hope you found this answer helpful. If so, please click the "helpful" button below. Thank you and good luck.

The above comments are based only on the information presented in your online question and are not meant as specific legal advice and should not be relied upon by you as legal advice. There may be other facts which would impact your situation which may not be included in your question. I have not been retained as your lawyer, and I do not possess enough information to give you a legal opinion on the outcome of your dispute nor can I completely answer your question without an opportunity to fully discuss all of the facts of your situation. I can only be retained as your lawyer by both of us signing a written engagement letter. You should retain a lawyer to advise you before making any decisions relating to the issues raised in your online inquiry. You should retain a lawyer quickly, because there may be time limits which impact your legal situation. I HAVE NOT PROVIDED ANY LEGAL ADVICE TO YOU AND URGE YOU TO GET A LAYWER. I provide a free initial consultation. If you are interested in talking with me, please call 713-666-1981.

2. I believe if you want the car yes you have today that is why it is a lien.

3. Yes-but her last will and testament should appoint an executor that should be involved with the assets of her estate.
    You should see an estate planning attorney ASAP.
    Hope this was helpful.

The answer given does not imply that an attorney-client relationship has been established and your best course of action is to have legal representation in this matter.