What happened to those Attorneys who know they are good enough to win any case?

Atlanta, GA |

A lawyer who gets paid if the client wins the case?

As to your first question, I agree with previous posts. As to your second question, you may be referencing a "contingency fee" agreement. In that situation, the attorney's fee is based on an agreed percentage of any recovery made on your behalf (plus costs usually). So, s/he doesn't receive a fee if no $ for you.

2. I don't understand your question. The very best lawyers in the nation do lose sometimes. If a lawyer tells you he is good enough to win any case, he's a liar and you should avoid him.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

3. No attorney can win every case. In addition if you are asking about attorneys that handle cases based on if they will then they get paid, all cases are not handled that way. Only certain type of cases are handled that way.