What Happends when your lawyer for 6 and a half years has retired on my workmans comp claim and now they want to give me his son

Asked about 1 year ago - Norwich, CT

hello my name is glen and my lawyer after 6 and a half years has retired ,now they want to give me his younger son ,so now i'm feeling like i am really not being represented 100% ,Now can i legally go and find another workmans comp lawyer? please Reply.

1. John M Connell

Pro

4

1

Answered . Yes, its your case and you have the right to change at any time but I would suggest that you have a face to face meeting with the son and ask your questions before you decide. Other lawyers that do workers comp may also suggest that before they would take your case.

2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

3

1

Answered . You have an absolute right to choose any attorney you wish. That said, you need to remember that the attorney who worked on your matter for 6 1/2 years is going to have a significant lien on the file. It may be difficult for you to find a qualified attorney who is willing to work for half-price, or less. Before you do anything, you should meet with the new attorney, face-to-face and see how confident you feel. Good luck.

3. Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Pro

3

1

Answered . I bet the son has been trained by the Dad and that the Dad will be available for son to consult with as the case goes along. So you may be well represented even if you stay with the young lawyer. As someone else suggested, go in and sit down and talk to the son and see if you will be comfortable with him. There is a chance too that the son has done most of the work on the case in recent years anyway, and you just did not know it.

4. Alan James Brinkmeier

1

Answered . Do you feel comfortable. Your choice.