Skip to main content

What happen if you had a dui for the first time and you did your 72 hours but didn't know that you had a probation office

Philadelphia, PA |

my boyfriend didn't know that I had a po he got pulled over and they said he had a warrant and off the jail he went not he has been there for 2weeks he sees the judge on the 29 they removed the warrant and put a detainer on him will the judge keep him in jail this happened 6 years ago he hasn't been in any trouble since he works and takes care of his family at this point we still don't know who his p o was until the Gagnon 1 paper said it

Attorney Answers 6

  1. He needs to retain a criminal defense attorney immediately and if he cannot afford a private attorney then he should apply for a public defender. Good luck.

  2. He needs an attorney. There can be a motion to lift his detainer made so he can fight this from home. I would argue that he should get time served with immediate parole. Failure to report is not excused because he did not know he needed to, but the fact that he has avoided trouble during this helps show the judge it was an honest mistake and that he is not a threat.

    Michael L. Doyle
    (215) 900-5565

    This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

  3. Both of my colleagues are spot on in this. Do what they suggest.

  4. I don't believe they will keep keep him in jail. They may but its unlikely bases on the facts you provided. Hire a criminal defense attorney to represent him on the gag 1.

    Attorney Michael Kotik | 267-265-4553 |

    Answers are not of fact, but rather the opinion of the attorney answering the questions asked. At no time does this answer create an attorney-client relationship. To the extent that these answers may become available to the general public there is no confidentiality as it pertains to this answer or question. The law changes frequently, and the material on this website is for general information purposes only and neither constitutes nor is intended to be legal advice. Prior to acting based upon this general information you SHOULD seek legal counsel regarding your specific legal matter. The outcome of every case is dependent on the specific facts and legal circumstances of each individual case. This website is not an offer to represent you, which can only be made after a consultation with one of the attorneys from The Lawyer answering this question does not intend to practice in any other jurisdictions where it is not licensed. Attorney is Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The firm does not seek to represent anyone viewing this website in other jurisdictions, and the website may not comply with the laws and ethical rules of states other than Pennsylvania and New Jersey. If you have any questions please contact my office at 215-564-1010. Lawyer Michael Kotik | | 1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19102

  5. You can do a basic criminal records check online through

    Click on docket sheets

  6. Get a lawyer right away.

    Mark D. Copoulos
    (267) 535-9776

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics