What happen if i fail to do the court ordere dui classes or even sign up for it by the due date

Asked about 1 year ago - Sanford, NC

Plead guilty to dui

1. Ernest Clarke Dummit

9

Answered . Sign up immediately. You could have your probation violated. But you definitely will not get your DL. Back if they are not done.

2. Fred B. Amos II

Pro

8

Answered . I agree with the previous answer. Worst case scenario, the judge could put you in jail for violating the terms of your probation. The best thing you can do is to take of it. Good luck to you.

3. James Donald Garrett

6

Answered . If the classes are part of the DUI sentence, you can be found in violation of the court order and be brought back to court for further punishment. In addition, you will likely not be eligible to have your license reinstated until you complete any required alcohol counseling.

I am licensed to practice criminal and DUI law in VA, not NC. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; and therefore, my response may be incorrect or inappropriate. Please use my response for informational purposes only and contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

4. Mary Guy Mendini

4

Answered . If you haven't completed either an assessment OR completed treatment ( or have done neither) , you will not have your driving privileges restored , even if the period of time for which you were suspended has ended. You have to complete the requirements otherwise NC DMV will keep you ineligible to drive legally until such time as you do complete everything. You have to complete requirements, even if you don't want to, don't feel like it or don't have the time - it's part of the deal of being able to drive legally again. Further , if signing up for and completing assessment/treatment is part of your probationary sentence, you may be in for an ugly surprise if you don't do so- NC has enacted harsher laws regarding probation violations.
    You can find a local assessor or treatment provider in your area by going to the official website located at http://www.ncdhhs.gov/mhddsas/services/dwi/loca...

I wish you the best