What happen if i fail to do the court ordere dui classes or even sign up for it by the due date

Sanford, NC |

Plead guilty to dui

If the classes are part of the DUI sentence, you can be found in violation of the court order and be brought back to court for further punishment. In addition, you will likely not be eligible to have your license reinstated until you complete any required alcohol counseling.

I am licensed to practice criminal and DUI law in VA, not NC. As such, I may be unaware of certain state laws; and therefore, my response may be incorrect or inappropriate. Please use my response for informational purposes only and contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

Sign up immediately. You could have your probation violated. But you definitely will not get your DL. Back if they are not done.

I agree with the previous answer. Worst case scenario, the judge could put you in jail for violating the terms of your probation. The best thing you can do is to take of it. Good luck to you.

<a href="">Fred Amos</a> provides legal representation in Wake County, North Carolina. Any answer provided through this discussion board is a general response to the question and NOT intended as legal advice. Responding to this question does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Always seek the advice of a lawyer directly to address your specific circumstances. Free consultation and flexible payment plans for <a href="">DWI's</a>. Call 919-803-7208.

If you haven't completed either an assessment OR completed treatment ( or have done neither) , you will not have your driving privileges restored , even if the period of time for which you were suspended has ended. You have to complete the requirements otherwise NC DMV will keep you ineligible to drive legally until such time as you do complete everything. You have to complete requirements, even if you don't want to, don't feel like it or don't have the time - it's part of the deal of being able to drive legally again. Further , if signing up for and completing assessment/treatment is part of your probationary sentence, you may be in for an ugly surprise if you don't do so- NC has enacted harsher laws regarding probation violations.
You can find a local assessor or treatment provider in your area by going to the official website located at

I wish you the best