What happen if I don't pay a subway fare evasion ticket ?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Flushing, NY

I received a $100 ticket for jumping a MTA turnstile. The officer who took down my information misspelled my name on the ticket, wrote down my phone number incorrectly, and did not write down my full address. He didn't see my ID and Im actually 14 but I was nervous so I told him I'm 16. But he got my school's name written on the ticket.

Additional information

If i go down with some id to show that im 14 is there any possibility that I would get in trouble for giving them wrong informations ?

Im also a immigrant. Will that affect when my parents will apply for my citizenship?

P.S. : Can I go with my cousin?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Not answering it could lead to a warrant for your arrest. If you are 14, go down and show some Id proving that and they should dismiss.

    Even w/the technical errors, why take the chance?

    Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

  2. Benjamin J Lieberman

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If you don't respond a warrant could be issued for your arrest which lead lead to much greater headaches then your facing right now. Respond to the ticket it isn't worth the risk.

  3. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Pay the ticket. The TA can probably enter a judgment against you if you don't.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more

Related Topics

Criminal tresspass

Criminal trespass is when you enter someone's property without authorization, either at a prohibited time or onto property you are not allowed to enter at all.

Mark David Brynteson

Understanding Slip & Fall Cases

The Law Is About People Mark D. Brynteson Attorney at Law 2969 Rolling Meadow Court Belvidere, Illinois 61008 (o) 815-569-4280 (f) 815-371-0146 web site: www.bryntesonlaw.com... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,735 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,735 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering