What grounds do I have?

Asked about 1 year ago - Newnan, GA

My husband left me. Took his name off all he bills, His where about are unknown. Took all the valuable possession from the residence. Quit his job. His family is supporting him and he is running up debt. He has left me without a means to hire an attorney.

1. Thomas Richelo

Best Answer

Answered . If your husband took property that you have a rightful claim to, then this may be more than a divorce issue; that may constitute theft. If you are left in bad financial straights and think that theft may have occurred, it will cost you nothing but your time to talk to the police. If they agree that there has been a theft, a criminal charge can be made and an arrest warranty issued. This depends a lot on what the "valuable possessions" were, how they were acquired and whether any belonged to you solely.

2. Jean O'Neil Supnick

1

Answered . There are thirteen grounds for divorce in Georgia. One is a no-fault ground for divorce (irretrievably broken) and the rest are for fault grounds. From what you have described, desertion may be appropriate. See the link outlining grounds in Georgia:

http://www.gabar.org/newsandpublications/consum...