What further steps do my husband need to take for reinstatement from 1978 DUI conviction?

Asked about 1 year ago - Dolton, IL

Convicted of a DUI in 1978 and has gone through the counseling required. Counselor did not complete necessary papers correctly and husband has still not been granted a hearing. Plus no record of the arrest can be found in Springfield.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Judy A. Goldstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . The best step your husband can take is to hire an attorney.

  2. Ted Harvatin


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . He needs an informal hearing. Your other concerns can be handled by a competent drivers license attitnry

  3. Jasen Bodie Nielsen


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I also suggest hiring an attorney to help. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,299 answers this week

2,800 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary