What forms should i use I-134 or I-864?

Asked over 4 years ago - Middle Village, NY

My fiancee received a package from the US consulate with forms I-134 & I-864.
1) Which form should she fill out & submit before her interview & who should fill them out?
2) I have not received any of these forms yet? I know as the sponsor I have to submit proof that I have the financial means to support her once she comes to the US but as of today I have not received any forms to fill out?
3) Also she received 2 state dept. forms, DS 200-30 & OS 169 but i can not find these forms on the State Dept website. What are they for & who has to fill them out?
4) Does my fiancee have to get a medical exam before she goes to the interview or is the medical exam part the interview process? When should she get her required shots?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Sarah M. Cross

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Normally to K-1 visa directions are very clearly spelled out in the packet sent by the consulate. You can also access the packet and all of the forms through the consulate's website. She will need a medical exam and the directions for getting the medical exam should have been provided as part of the consulate packet. Some of the required forms vary from consulate to consulate as not all consulates use the DS-160 yet. Check out the instructions sent to your fiance in her packet or those available online through the consular website.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,391 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,391 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering