What forms should I fill as the intending immigrant? I-864 or I-864a

I'm the intending immigrant and we are including my income for consideration. What application should I fill in conjunction with my spouses I-864? Another I-864 or I-864a?

Boise, ID -

Attorney Answers (4)

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
Myron Russell Morales

Myron Russell Morales

Immigration Attorney - Austin, TX

You should include the contract with a household member.

Myron R. Morales, Attorney
Morales PLLC

Christian Schmidt

Christian Schmidt

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

I-864a if you have worked lawfully in the U.S.

Haroen Calehr

Haroen Calehr

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

If you are living in the same household just use the same I-864 and fill out the appropriate areas and questions to include your income as the intending immigrant and household member using your income and that of the petitioner.

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.