Skip to main content

What forms should I fill as the intending immigrant? I-864 or I-864a

Boise, ID |

I'm the intending immigrant and we are including my income for consideration. What application should I fill in conjunction with my spouses I-864? Another I-864 or I-864a?

I should have clarified. I'm living with my wife (who's the petitioner) and my income is covering all of the financial requirements. My wife is a full time student. We have listed her income on I-864 as well. I have no dependents. I've worked lawfully in the US. Still confused because it looks like there are different opinions here

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    You should include the contract with a household member.

    Myron R. Morales, Attorney
    Morales PLLC

  2. If you are living in the same household just use the same I-864 and fill out the appropriate areas and questions to include your income as the intending immigrant and household member using your income and that of the petitioner.

  3. I agree

    Please click the link below for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. I-864a if you have worked lawfully in the U.S.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics