What forms do I use if I overstay in USA and lost my i94. I'm married to a USA citizen

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

I entered the country in 1992 legally and over stayed past my allowed time. I just recently married and want to apply for green card is it possible with out a I94 document that I lost.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Laura Justine Jacobson

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you still have your passport with the entry stamp, that might be enough. Otherwise, you will need to file a Form I-102 to replace your I-94.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney... more
  2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes, it is possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,865 answers this week

3,261 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,865 answers this week

3,261 attorneys answering