WHAT FORMS DO I NEED TO START THE PROCESS TO GET MY ILLEGAL HUSBAND HIS RESIDENCY?

Asked over 1 year ago - Anaheim, CA

I AM A US CITIZEN. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 1 YEAR AND A HALF. WE HAVE 1 CHILD TOGETHER. HE HAS A CLEAN RECORD HERE IN THE US. HIS MOTHER BROUGHT HIM TO THE COUNTRY WHEN HE WAS 5 YEARS OLD. HES BEEN HERE EVER SINCE. HE IS NOW 31. WHAT FORMS SHOULD I FILE? WHAT DO I NEED TO DO AFTER I GET THE RIGHT FORMS?

HE ENTERED WITHOUT INSPECTION

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

25

2

Answered . To sponsor him for a green card, you need to start with an I-130 petition. He may also be eligible for Deferred Action

2. Christy Han Mohan

Pro

12

Answered . There are more questions that need to be answered. Significantly, did you husband come to America without inspection? If so, he will be classified as "Entry Without Inspection" ("EWI"). If he is an EWI, than getting him a green card will require a couple of steps and he will need to seek a Provisional Waiver, asking the government to forgive him for entering the US without inspection. If the waiver is approved, he will then have to travel back to his home country for an interview with the US consulate. Getting a waiver is a complicated process and you should consultant with an immigration attorney for help.

Also, your husband may qualify for DACA (Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals), which would provide him with temporary work authorization while he is in the US. Aside from other requirements, your husband must be under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012 and came to the United States before reaching his 16th birthday. If he meets these age requirements, you should consider contacting an immigration attorney to discuss the other requirements.

Sincerely,
    Christy Han Mohan, A Law Corporation
    Immigration Attorney
    19800 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 1000, Irvine, CA 92612
    Phone: 949.222.5900 | Fax: 888.488.6431
    Email: christy@chmlegal.com
    Website: http://www.chmlegal.com

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

11

Answered . Not enough information. In order to get your question answered you have to ask a question first in a form which would render it understandable and provide information sufficient to make a reasonable and intelligible suggestion. I cannot answer your question on the information provided. The answer depends on the information not in your post. Assuming he was brought by the mother at the border with no admission, he will need to seek provisional waiver in order to qualify for an immigrant visa. That process best achieved by contacting an immigration attorney for more detailed and substantive discussion.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

6

Answered . Start by filing an I130. If he is 245i eligible he may apply to adjust his status here in the US, if not he would have to consular process but may be eligible for the I601a waiver. He may also be eligible for DACA. You may want to consult with an attorney before moving forward.