What forms do I need to sponsor my spouse? (status: expired visa)

Asked 4 months ago - Houston, TX

Sponsoring spouse. We have been together for 3 years, married for 2 months. She is here on her expired visa (expired 2011).

1. Gina M Takemori

1

Answered . If you are a US Citizen you can file a two step package for your wife, providing she meets all eligibility requirements. This would consist of I-130 petition and I-485 filed concurrently. There are other forms and documents that need to be filed. In order to make sure the processing goes smoothly, kindly counsel with an immigration attorney. Best of luck to you and your spouse.

2. Curtis G White

1

Answered . I-130 and I-485 are the principal forms; follow their filing instructions closely. G-325A and I-765 are other forms that typically accompany them. In any event, I recommend speaking with qualified legal counsel.

3. Morrie Pour Nourian

Answered . Since she is here you will be filing an adjustment of status for her and this question has been answered here several times just do a search for it.

4. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

Answered . If you are a US citizen and she does not have any other grounds of inadmissibility, then she can adjust her status here in the US. Some courts have stated that the selection of forms constitutes specific legal advice, so it would be best to consult with an attorney to make sure that you get all of the forms that she will need.