Skip to main content

What forms do I need to respond to interrogatories for Norwalk California Court (Family Law)?

Montebello, CA |

My have an approved court default but my ex's wifes attorney filed a motion to overturn.

Attorney Answers 2


Your question is a bit confusing. If you were served with Form Interrogatories, there is no form for responding. You should answer the questions in order and number your responses to correspondence with the question. Your response should also be on pleading paper and "verified". The language for verification is on the first page of the form interrogatories. You can just copy it. That being said, if default was entered, who served you with interrogatories? What does the motion to set aside default have to do with form interrogatories?

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree




The opposing attorney is requesting interrogatories. I refused to set aside the default.

Tobie Brina Waxman

Tobie Brina Waxman


I don't think a party that is in default can propound (serve) interrogatories. Further, if respondent has never appeared in the action, i.e. never filed his response to the petition, he does not yet have the right to conduct discovery. I may be mistaken about that however as the statute does not specifically say that.


I believe there might be some confusion here. The interrogatories are not really related to the issue of a default. You can respond to the motion to overturn the default and you should have been served a blank form FL320 to use as a response to the motion. The interrogatories however just need to be responded to by the number that they have been listed. You need to sign the response under penalty of perjury. How long ago was the default entered against your ex?

Mark as helpful

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics