Skip to main content

What forms do I need to order a debtor to produce documents? What information do I need to provide about the debtor?

San Diego, CA |

I won a judgement and filed form SC-134 in order to get a hearing for a debtors exam. I appeared at the hearing, but the debtor did not. The judge ordered me to re-serve the debtor as I served the documents to the debtors "registered agent for process". I want to know what form I must file to order the debtor to furnish documents such as bank statements, residence verification, etc? Also, I do not have a residence address for the debtor, and have had issues locating the them. I do have a potential lead for an address that they frequent so I may be able to have the debtor served there, but I am not sure what address I should use on the forms? Any information that you may be able to provide is much appreciated and thank you for reading my post/

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Hello. Most of the attorneys that participate on are consumer attorneys that defend consumers. So, if you don't get an answer on here, that is why. If not, find a "creditor's rights" attorney near you and I am sure one would be willing to give you a consultation. Good Luck!

I am an attorney licensed to practice law in Ohio and some Federal Courts throughout the United States. I am not answering your question to solicit you as a client and there is a good chance that I am not licensed to practice law in the state that you reside. I hope that you find my assistance beneficial and, at most, use my advise as a finger pointing in the right direction. An attorney client relationship is not established by posting back and forth online. One of the most beneficial aspects of working with an attorney is the attorney client privilege which does not exist when you post personal facts online to faceless strangers. Hire an attorney if you want specific legal advise. If you cannot afford one, call your local bar association or search "(your city) legal aid" online. The fact that you took the time to post your question online likely means that you could use the aid of an attorney. Call around your area and see if any local attorneys offer free consultations.

Bankruptcy and debt topics

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer