What forms do i need to file for emergency custody in north carolina?

Asked over 2 years ago - Mocksville, NC

i have a custody action already filed but need immediate relief for my daughters well being

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Christopher Lynn Main

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . You must file an Ex Parte motion in your current case that asks for emergency custody. Emergency custody is only granted under certain conditions, so you will need to allege sufficient conditions under NC General Statutes 50B-2 and 50-13.1 and 50B-3. You should also write an affidavit (simply a statement on paper) and have it notarized and attached to your motion. The affidavit should contain your reasons for wanting emergency custody.

    Depending on what county you reside, there may be a an Ex Parte or Emergency Custody form located with the Clerk's office.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,404 answers this week

3,005 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,404 answers this week

3,005 attorneys answering