What forms do I need to bring at the (status only) divorce hearing? (in California)

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I filed for bifurcation because I am remarrying. Ex won't oppose it or even show up so it's looking good. I want the judge to sign everything at the hearing so I can be divorced that day. I heard I'm supposed to bring some sort of notice of judgement form?

Could someone please help & tell me what forms I need to bring (what are the exact numbers). I found three different forms online and I am confused which one I need to bring.

I found the FL-180 Judgment (family law) form, the FL-190 Notice of entry judgment (family law- uniform parentage-custody and support), and I found the FAM 064 Judgment of dissolution of marriage and/or domestic partnership and notice of entry of judgment.

Please which one do I need? Or are they all wrong? Do I need to fill them out or leave them blank?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Cameron Todd Norris

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should bring an FL-340, FL-347, FL-180, and FL-190 with you, but it is not totally clear from your question where you are procedurally on this thing.

    Even if you properly filed for bifurcation it is within the judge's discretion and you are not eligible to be single until 6 months from the date that your spouse was personally served.

    Best of luck.

    This and other interactions through Avvo do not constitute an attorney-client relationship and are made for... more
  2. Margaret Davalene Wilson

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . I agree with he previous post. Even if you ex does not oppose the bifurcation the judge may require that certain orders be made before granting your request so you need to be prepared to add or whiteout things in the judgment you prepare. Don't forget to take two postage prepaid envelopes with you as some of the clerks will not enter the judgment on the spot.

    Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce court

Divorce court is where the divorce process takes place. The court may determine matters like alimony, child custody, and property division.

Avvo Staff

An Overview of Divorce Court Fees

Just as each state has its own requirements to successfully file for divorce, each state also has its own types of fees and rules for when they will be applied. You may find this overview... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,528 answers this week

3,101 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,528 answers this week

3,101 attorneys answering