What forms do I need to bring at the (status only) divorce hearing? (in California)

I filed for bifurcation because I am remarrying. Ex won't oppose it or even show up so it's looking good. I want the judge to sign everything at the hearing so I can be divorced that day. I heard I'm supposed to bring some sort of notice of judgement form?

Could someone please help & tell me what forms I need to bring (what are the exact numbers). I found three different forms online and I am confused which one I need to bring.

I found the FL-180 Judgment (family law) form, the FL-190 Notice of entry judgment (family law- uniform parentage-custody and support), and I found the FAM 064 Judgment of dissolution of marriage and/or domestic partnership and notice of entry of judgment.

Please which one do I need? Or are they all wrong? Do I need to fill them out or leave them blank?

You should bring an FL-340, FL-347, FL-180, and FL-190 with you, but it is not totally clear from your question where you are procedurally on this thing.

Even if you properly filed for bifurcation it is within the judge's discretion and you are not eligible to be single until 6 months from the date that your spouse was personally served.

Best of luck.

This and other interactions through Avvo do not constitute an attorney-client relationship and are made for informational purposes only. No guarantees are made.

I agree with he previous post. Even if you ex does not oppose the bifurcation the judge may require that certain orders be made before granting your request so you need to be prepared to add or whiteout things in the judgment you prepare. Don't forget to take two postage prepaid envelopes with you as some of the clerks will not enter the judgment on the spot.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Recommended articles about Divorce