What forms do i need in order to fix my husband paper if i am a U.S citizen?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

He is from Mexico but stays in the U.S and i am a U.S citizen

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

2. Veronica Tunitsky

2

Answered . As indicated by my colleague, this is not a straight forward question as much needs to be considered, including your husband's entry(ies) into the us, immigration background, whether he's eligible to adjust, whether he would have any bars upon departure from the US if he needs to leave to process his case in Mexico, whether he would need any waivers, etc.

You'd be wise to consult with an attorney to get a solid idea of what is and isn't possible and what you should and shouldn't do.

My office is in Houston and I handle such cases. I encourage you to consult with me or one of my colleagues.

3. Myron Russell Morales

Pro

2

Answered . If he was admitted to the US and has an I-94, then you can petition for him in the US with an I-130 and an adjustment package. If he is in Mexico, then you start with the I-130 and then he will have to finish the application at the US Consulate in Cd. Juarez.