What forms do I fill out in California to finalize my divorce and get my divorce certificate?

Temecula, CA |

We have done full disclosures and are ready to finalize the divorce. We have no children together and have only been married for 1 year. Our case has no hearings pending. Our case also shows disposition "Vacated," but the case is open.

I want to get the right forms to complete our divorce and get my divorce certificate. Thank you.

It isnt a divorce certificate. It is a Judgment. The forms you need to finalize the divorce would comprise the following: Judgment, Notice of Entry of Judgment, Appearance Stipulations & Waivers, Declaration re Uncontested Dissolution, and addressed stamped envelopes for the clerk's return of conformed copies to you and your spouse. You would best go to your Superior Court's Self-Help Clinic for assistance preparing, signing, and submitting a Judgment Packet to the Court.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

FL-141, FL-144, FL-170, FL-180, AND FL-190. ATTACHE YOUR MARITAL SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT OR STIPULATED JUDGMENT. MAKE SURE TO SUBMIT THREE COPIES WITH RETURN STAMPED ENVELOPES WITH EACH OF YOUR ADDRESSES.

Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California and may be reached at (831) 233-3558 and offers free consultations. The response provided in this forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information offered in this response is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without further consultation with a legal professional after all relevant facts are disclosed and considered. DANIEL S. WILLIAMS, ESQ. LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL S. WILLIAMS 500 LIGHTHOUSE AVENUE, STE. A MONTEREY, CA 93940 (831) 233-3558 -- OFFICE (831) 233-3560 -- FAX

You typically need a stipulated judgement or marital settlement agreement, a final judgment form, and noticeof entry of judgment.